Pay and Benefits
The Miles You Want. The Pay You Deserve.
Being a professional driver is not a one-size-fits-all career. Different schedules, job types, pay scales, and other preferences vary from driver to driver. No matter which path you take, truck driving is a challenging career. Dot Transportation Canada recognizes those challenges and aims to compensate drivers fairly for the hard work they put in.
Long Haul Drivers (AZ Endorsement)
Long haul drivers are paid for every mile driven in addition to layover pay.
Customer Delivery Drivers (CDS)
Unlike carriers that offer a flat rate per run, customer delivery specialist (CDS) drivers at DTI Canada earn an hourly wage to ensure that they are fairly compensated from start to finish.
Shunters are paid a fair, hourly wage for their mostly on-site work.
Benefits to Keep You Covered
At DTI Canada, we prioritize your well-being. Part of that well-being means we make sure you have access to benefits that will keep you and your family healthy, safe, and covered. Our packages are designed to promote physical health, mental health, and financial health.
- Medical & dental plans
- Three options available of Group Benefits Plans
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Nine paid holidays
- One week vacation after six months of service
- Two weeks vacation after one year of service
- 24 hours of personal time prorated your first year
- 40 hours of sick time prorated your first year
- Parental leave
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Bonuses for achieving company-wide goals
Driver Job Types
Whether you were destined for a life on the road or a local job with daily home time, DTI Canada can help. Find out more about the types of driving positions we offer.
Ready to take the next step? Browse our current job postings, submit your application, and start driving with DTI Canada in no time!